With weekly risk assessment audits carried out by our Health and Safety Manager, the reports have enabled the Management Team to work within departments to constantly review and pick up on any feedback immediately.
Our Service departments remained open during the lockdown to keep key workers on the road and to assist with those that needed to make essential journey's which included the more vulnerable members of our local communities. As many of our team were on furlough, the staff that remained in place took on extra duties and we quickly adapted to a new way of working.
The experience we gained during lockdown, enabled us to re-open in June with the confidence that we had the necessary safety measures in place.
Our customers have been amazing too - adapting to the changes we have made and adhering to the measures we have put in place. Of course from time to time, people forget their face covering, for instance, but we have a good supply along with nitrile gloves and hand sanitiser!
As a reminder, this is what you can expect from us:
- All dealerships cleaned daily
- Clear signage with a one-way system
- Sanitiser stations
- Face coverings provided, customer facing staff working from behind a screen
- Protection kit fitted to all vehicles on display and customers cars when coming into the workshop
- Strict test drive procedure - or unaccompanied test drives
- We will come to you - either with a virtual appointment or home visit
- A new website allowing customers to reserve or buy online
- Collect and deliver from home or work for car servicing
- Socially distanced waiting areas
'The site is easy to get to and there is a great selection of vehicles. With the current Covid-19 pandemic social distancing was well observed and didn't seem to hinder my experience of buying my car. The layout of the building is spot on , clean and safe so that social distancing can be observed properly. All in all I think Wilson & Co Scunthorpe have got it right and I think Vauxhall need to be very proud of this.' Mr Peterson
'Wilson & Co Bolton were great because I was abit apprehensive about visiting any show room at first during covid. I needn't have worried as I felt very safe at Wilsons. From the moment I arrived I was made to feel very welcome. The staff were very accommodating and rely helpful especially the young sales person Mathew. He was very professional and I didn't feel any pressure to do or buy anything I wasn't comfortable with. All in all I'm glad I did visit Wilsons I got just what I wanted and had a very pleasant experience.' Mr Berry